1) Drink before you eat- drinking two glasses of water before every meals helped dieters lose an average of 15 pounds over three months. Quick hydration breaks also boosts your metabolism
Try to consume half your body weight in ounces a day.
2) eat a mini meal- Its 3 pm and your stomach is rumbling- If you wait till dinnertime to eat, you may be so starving that you end up overdoing it. Eating small meals raises your metabolism every time you eat. Include a lean protein and a complex carbohydrate such as peanut butter with a fruit, or yogurt with berries
3) Stand up when your phone rings- it could lead to doubling the amount of calories your body will burn.
4) Take one bite at a time- It takes 20 minutes before your stomach hormones tell your brain you are full and to stop eating. When you engulf a burger and fries, you don’t five enough time to relay the message to your brain.
5) Limiting meal time distractions such as TV and Cell phone helps control portions because you are more aware of what you are eating.